Sunday, November 9, 2008

I've always loved Sunday evenings.

For as long as I can remember, Sunday evenings have always been my favorite part of the week. When I was a kid, we were always busy on the weekends around the house - my parents, for all their shortcomings, were always industrious about keeping things around the house kept up, chores done, yard tidy and all that - but Sundays before dinner was time for The Muppet Show, goofing around, getting hungry for the big dinner we always had on Sundays.

Wow, I make it sound so Norman Rockwell idyllic, which is not the case. But those times are undeniably always been among my best memories.

Tonight, I am relaxing in my clean house (we did a LOT of cleaning and organizing this weekend!), drinking a glass of wine, while the kids play on the computer and the dog naps curled up against me. Things are good.

I only wish we still had The Muppet Show...but The Simpsons will do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's 'big hunk of meat' Sunday! More specifically, I always think of Sunday dinner when I hear the "tic toc tic toc" of Sixty Minutes- doesn't feel like Sunday with it!

Speaking of family traditions, David and I have taken to going to a Unitarian Church in Charlotte, which we love ( thats not the tradition) and we listen to 'Car Talk' on the way there, and then are usually catching 'A Prairie Home Companion' on the way home. Now those are memories!